The InterAction Council held its Annual Plenary Meeting in Valletta, Malta, from 15th to 17th May 2023.
The IAC is proud to be collaborating with One Young World, providing a high-level intergenerational dialogue between IAC members and OYW ambassadors.
About One Young World
One Young World is the global forum for young leaders.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Muhammad Yunus, amongst many other global figures.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking and workshops. The agenda is shaped by the One Young World Community through the Global Consultation Process, ensuring maximum relevance to the issues affecting young people.
At the end of the Summit, Delegates become One Young World Ambassadors. They return to their communities and organisations with the means and motivation to make a difference, accessing the global network of 10,000+ young leaders to accelerate existing initiatives or establish new ventures.
List of participants
InterAction Council Members
- The Hon. Bertie Ahern, Co-chairman, former Prime Minister of Ireland
- H.E. Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo, Co-chairman, former President of Nigeria
- The Rt. Hon. Jean Chrétien, Honorary Chairman, former Prime Minister of Canada
- The Rt. Hon. James Bolger, Executive Committee, former Prime Minister of New Zealand
- H.E. Dr. Lawrence Gonzi, Organizing Chairman, former Prime Minister of Malta
- H.E. Mr. Kabiné Komara, former Prime Minister of Guinea
- H.E. Mr. Luis Alberto Lacalle, former President of Uruguay
- H.E. Dr. Péter Medgyessy, former Prime Minister of Hungary
- H.E. Mr. Jorge Quiroga, former President of Bolivia
- H.E. Mr. Petar Stoyanov, former President of Bulgaria
- H.E. Dr. Danilo Türk, former President of Slovenia
- H.E. Dr. Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga, former President of Latvia
- H.E. Mr. Victor Yushchenko, former President of Ukraine
- H.E. Mr. Prithviraj Chavan, 17th Chief Minister of Maharashtra (India)
- The Rt. Hon. the Baroness Margaret Jay of Paddington, former Leader of the House of Lords (UK)
- H.E. Prof. Dr. Vesna Pusić, MP, Former Minister of Foreign and European Affairs and First Deputy Prime Minister (Croatia)
- H.E. Mr. William F. Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts (USA)
- Dr. Thomas S. Axworthy, Chair of Public Policy, Massey College, University of Toronto (Canada)
- Mrs. Kateryna Yushchenko, Founder, Intermarium Strategy, Consulting and Capital (Ukraine)
- Prof. Michael Adler, Professor of Genitourinary Medicine/Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Royal Free and University College Medical School (UK)
- Prof. Simone Borg, Professor of Environmental and Resources Law, University of Malta (Malta)
- H.E. Ambassador (ret.) Hans Corell, Former Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and the Legal Counsel of the United Nations (Sweden)
- Ms. Rut Einarsdottir, Vice-Chair, Icelandic Human Rights Centre; One Young World Ambassador (Iceland)
- H.E. Amb. Gabriel Ferrero y de Loma-Osorio, Ambassador-At-Large for Global Food Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Spain) via video message
- Mr. Nicholas Fogg, Writer, Journalist, and Lecturer (UK)
- Mr. Ibrahim Jalal, Non-resident Scholar, Middle East Institute (MEI), One Young World Ambassador (Yemen)
- Dr. Rebecca E. Johnson, Director, Acronym Institute for Disarmament Diplomacy (UK)
- Mr. Mats Karlsson, Former Vice President of the World Bank (Sweden)
- Ms. Anya Lazarova, Area Security Manager in multinational IT company; One Young World Ambassador (Bulgaria)
- Dr. Kerstin Leitner, ex-UN Resident Coordinator, China; former Assistant Director-General, WHO Geneva (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Mykhailo Minakov, Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (Ukraine)
- Dr. Joanna Nurse, Strategic Advisor, InterAction Council; Director for the Platform for Planet Place and People (P4PPP), Commonwealth Centre for Digital Health; Chair, International Working Group, Existential Risks for Humanity (ER4H), World Academy of Art and Science (UK)
- H.E. Amb. Francis Martin O’Donnell, Former SMOM Ambassador and UN Resident Coordinator (Ireland)
- Dr. Zachary Paikin, Nonresident Research Fellow, Institute for Peace & Diplomacy; Researcher, Centre for European Policy Studies (Canada)
- Mr. Jannis Poestges, One Young World Ambassador (Germany)
- Hon. Allan Rock, Professor Emeritus and former Professor of Law, University of Ottawa (Canada (Canada)
- Dr. Moneef Zou’bi, Science Advisor, InterAction Council; former Director General, Islamic World Academy of Sciences (Jordan)